Dit vinden wij
You will make a crucial contribution to further professionalizing the energy and sustainability activities of an ambitious international company
What are you going to do?
Given the structural changes in the energy landscape and Arlanxeo’s ambition to support the energy transition and become carbon neutral in 2050, the company has decided to further strengthen its energy team by looking for a (medior or senior) Market Analyst. In further strengthening the team you will be given sufficient space to shape the role as you see fit.
In this role, you will be part of a small team, based in the Netherlands, supporting Arlanxeo across the globe to be successful in dealing with the challenges associated with the European and global energy markets. You will report directly to the Head of Global Energy Procurement. To create equal opportunities for everyone, this position is offered on a fulltime or part-time basis.
- You will be working closely with your colleagues in the newly to be build energy team and with your colleagues in the different regions (EU, NORAM, Brazil, Singapore, China)
- You will be part of a team that is setting the direction -for example on energy (crisis) management, risk management, global sourcing & hedging and environmental topics - for Arlanxeo in challenging but at the same time exciting environments
- Being able to understand and adapt quickly to the high dynamics of the energy markets and (understand) the possible impact on Arlanxeo globally and locally
- Understanding the energy markets’ dynamics and their fundamental drivers and translating these for example into automated, simply to understand (audience oriented) market reports for all relevant colleagues -for example in marketing & sales, finance and Arlanxeo’s board- across the globe
- Understanding the interconnection between the national markets in all regions where Arlanxeo is active
- Analyze the (local) power & gas markets and provide the Portfolio Manager with valuable advice which supports her/him for example in taking the right sourcing / hedging decisions (timely)
- Support the local experts and provide them with useful market information as well as receive from them key information regarding their local markets
- Support the business in making their business plans by, for example, providing regular updates on price developments in all regions where Arlanxeo is active
What do you offer?
- University degree (MSc) in physics, mathematics, economy, econometrics or a related (technical) discipline
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience with (fundamental) analysis of the power and/or natural gas markets
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with VBA and reporting tools
- English (mandatory). Dutch preffered and German, French or any other language will be a nice to have
- Being able to adapt quickly
- Being highly motivated
- Has enthusiasm for energy economics and data-driven solutions
- Having/showing excellent communication skills
- Can work well in an international team as well as individually
- Being proactive/self-starter and taking responsibility
- Having great organizational skills with an analytical and structured way of thinking
What will you get in return?
- Exciting career opportunities regionally as well as internationally
- Highly attractive pay and benefits
- Educational assistance programs and many other personal and professional development programs that are a part of their vision and values that drive their ongoing success
As a Market Analyst you have the flexiblity to work from home. You're expected a few times a month at the office in Geleen to meet your colleagues. In addition, you are willing to travel internationally if necessary.
Where will you be working?
Arlanxeo is a world-leading synthetic rubber company, with about 3,800 employees and a presence at 20 production sites in 9 countries. It is a fully owned subsidiary of Saudi Aramco. Headquartered in The Hague, The Netherlands, Arlanxeo’s core business is the development, manufacturing and marketing of synthetic high-performance rubber for use in the automotive and tire industries, the construction industry, and the oil and gas industries.
Arlanxeo is a young company with strong roots. They derive their strength from global presence, management excellence and most importantly their people! Their employees are the pillars of their success.
The recruitment & selection of this vacancy is exclusively provided by kWh People.
Stap 1. Je solliciteert
Wij hebben jouw sollicitatie ontvangen, bedankt! Wij gaan deze beoordelen.
Stap 2. Het eerste contact
Als wij voldoende match zien nodigen wij jou graag uit voor een kennismakingsgesprek. Zo niet, dan ontvang je van ons bericht. Wij houden jou dan graag op de hoogte van andere vacatures. Hopelijk de volgende keer beter!
Solliciteer je op een interne vacature en is de eerste kennismaking geslaagd dan volgt er een vervolggesprek met onze collega's. Hopelijk kunnen wij jou daarna verwelkomen in ons team!
Stap 3. Introductie bij opdrachtgever
Na een uitgebreid interview besluiten wij samen of we overgaan tot een introductie bij onze opdrachtgever. Wij gaan hiermee dan aan de slag.
Stap 4. Kennismaking opdrachtgever
Hopelijk is onze opdrachtgever net zo geïnteresseerd als jij en willen ze graag met jou kennismaken. Wij plannen dan graag de gesprekken tussen jullie in.
Stap 5. Gefeliciteerd met je nieuwe baan!
Wij begeleiden het verdere proces en als alles goed gaat kom je tot overeenstemming met onze opdrachtgever. Gefeliciteerd!