As Team Manager PMO you are responsible for the organisation and standardisation of the project, program and department routines within Offshore NL. You contribute to continuous improvement and efficiency in our organisation by identifying, standardising and implementing best practices for project management and support, in close cooperation with the running projects and programs. Within your scope is the development of project and program management standards, e.g. document control, scheduling, resource planning, quality management, interface management and project support. You will have close alignment with the financial work stream where the responsibility for financial control, risk management and claim management is organised.
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Overall management of the Project Management Office (PMO) team within NLO and responsible for motivating, inspiring and developing employees;Set up of the PMO functionality for Offshore NL, with focus on projects, programs and department routines;
- Developing, maintaining and safeguarding professional and state of the art standards and procedures regarding program and project management, document control, scheduling, resource planning, quality management, interface management in line with existing routines within TenneT (e.g. ACI model);
- Providing professional and qualified personnel to the projects regarding document control, scheduling, resource planning, quality management, interface management and project support;
- Hierarchical responsible for team members within area of PMO, who are functionally steered by the projects;
- Providing of management information towards project leads and management;
- Responsible for setting up and control of NLO process house, where standards are controlled and kept up to date;
- Monitor and collect lessons learned in the organization and coordinate proposals for improvements in the working routines;
- Responsible for roll out and implementation of supporting systems, like Primavera, Think Project!, Sharepoint, etc.;
- Responsible for keeping program planning and portfolio up to date; providing overviews on resource planning;
- Representing Offshore NL in the corporate PMO meetings;
- Exchange best practices within TenneT (e,g, PMO Offshore Germany, Large Projects onshore) and external parties.
The Teammanager PMO Offshore NL reports directly to the Manager Projects Offshore NL. You will work closely together with members of the MT-NLO, Overall project leads and Financial project leads.
TenneT offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic international working environment. TenneT offers an excellent salary with good secondary benefits. Last but certainly not least we also offer good training and development possibilities.
Duty station for this function is Arnhem.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 22,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 41 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.
In September 2013, over 40 parties in The Netherlands agreed on the Energieakkoord, setting targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply. This agreement also sets targets for offshore wind development. The decision to realize 3500 MW of offshore wind energy has been taken and TenneT has been appointed as offshore grid operator. The technical concept (eg. standard platforms) has been developed, the first projects are in the construction phase and the preparation for the other projects (spatial, permits, procurement) is ongoing. The first grid connection system will be operational in August 2019 (Borssele Alpha). The fifth grid connection system has to be operational in March 2023. Currently the ambition of the government is to realize substantially more offshore wind energy after 2023. A roll-out strategy is being prepared for the medium term (IJmuiden-ver) and the Long Term (North Sea Wind Power Hub) developments and more grid connection projects are therefore envisaged.
The performance unit Offshore NL (NLO) is responsible for the preparation and realization of the connections of the offshore wind farms as mentioned in the Energieakkoord, but also for the grid connection development for the further future. A great opportunity for people who are willing and able to work and build in a dynamic and innovative environment.
The selection procedure of this vacancy is exclusively outsourced to kWh People.
More information? Please contact:
+31 611 629 733